Sidebar

Main Menu

Re-designing a module on Korean language in a blended learning mode

Description

Among the students in one module, the background and prior knowledge are not necessarily consistent, rather there is a higher chance to have students across all levels of Korean language throughout the semester. Sometimes during the lecture, when it is time to move on to the next page, few students may not be ready to move forward. I can just push all the responsibilities of preparation to the students, but it does not support a healthy learning community among the students. An instant thought could be to provide more individual attention to all. But it is not easy to provide personalised support those who need different level of help, especially with a big group of students. To address this challenge, I considered Blended learning to design my modules, so that the course can support students preparing themselves at their own pace via various online platforms. And ultimately the students are on the same page throughout lectures.
In this document, I describe the design of the three sections, online pre-lecture activities, in-class lecture, and online post-lecture activities.

• Home
  • Re-designing a module on Korean language in a blended learning mode